Sunday, March 12, 2017

Learning to play music

I am not interested in a feeling of continual dumb smiling happiness. I am interested in knowing how the world works. I am interested in taking everything apart and finding some small truths of how it works. I have a great capacity for understanding and I do not wish to stifle my curiosity just because it makes intellectually lazy people uncomfortable. I hope to find some intelligent associates that are well read and have insightful and thoughtful commentary and intellectual criticism on the basic ideas presented in my blog atwaterpub

When I play piano, I am naturally pleased when people think the music is beautiful or inspiring. It is nice to receive compliments. However, if I meet someone that actually knows how to play music and wants to jam on the blues -- then I really value that friendship and I really enjoy that interaction.

 I am disappointed that learning mastery of a musical instrument is not required training for life in America. If everyone could make beautiful and inspiring music on their own, then we would have far fewer problems in our society.

copyright (c) 2017
William Schaeffer

No comments:

Post a Comment