Saturday, December 16, 2017

Homeless in Russia and Homeless in America


From a recent facebook post:

Post a photo of a "homeless camp" in Russia here on this post. It is my belief that there are no "homeless CAMPS" in Russia. There is a provision in the Russian constitution that all citizens are guaranteed housing by the government. This is similar to the guarantee in the USA of "freedom of speech." As a result, there are very few homeless people and no "homeless camps" in Russia at all. You are welcome to leave statistics, or your opinion on this matter, but what I really want you to do is to find is a photo of a "Russian Homeless Camp" and post it here. There are plenty of dash cams from Russia, but no "homeless camps." Effectively, there are no homeless people in Russia, that live the way the homeless people live in the USA.

Find me a photo and post it here. Just try to find a photo on the internet.

I like to bring up this comparison, because my whole life I was told that USA is the best country on Earth and Russian and communism is evil. My life in the USA is not that good. I have worked very hard and long hours and my life was destroyed when my career was outsourced. I struggle financially and most people I meet in the USA are cold, unfriendly, and hateful. The homeless problem in the USA is just my example of my perception of the basic lack of human feeling and compassion in most the USA people I meet. Most Americans I meet think the USA is the nicest and most friendly country in the world, but I find that very few are actually nice or friendly to me. This is my life.

Most of the background actors I talk with that have a house and retirement, do not seem to care about the suffering of the homeless. They seem very self satisfied that they "succeeded in life" and the suffering of the poorer classes means nothing to them. I meet hundreds of people every week in all walks of life, but almost none of them are very loving or compassionate. Competitive, Pushy, Selfish, Self centered, Narrow minded, not compassionate, unloving are the common personality descriptors that I encounter in USA America. I live in an apartment building with 80 units and when I broke my neck in an automobile accident two years ago, only one person offered to help - reluctantly. This is my America. Nobody cares about anyone. I think the homeless problem is just one manifestation of that cultural defect in America. Too bad.


copyright (c) 2017
William Schaeffer

No comments:

Post a Comment