Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Bliss and Joy?

There is no way I want to live a life of endless bliss and joy. That is a selfish and delusional goal. Why would I want to be in a continual state of bliss when so many are suffering? Why would I want to be in a state of perpetual joy when I walk by the homeless vagabonds sleeping right on the sidewalk every night? Anyone that wants THAT mindset has my absolute and utter disrespect. Why?

I want to struggle greatly for a goal that is worthwhile. I want to climb the difficult mountain and curse my very existence the entire way to the top. I want to wade into the heat of battle with my broadsword and cut off the heads of the enemy and exhausted relax afterwards.

 To only be concerned about ones own peace and happiness is extreme selfishness.

This is just my opinion, but it is my life -- take it or leave it.

 11:22AM



****

The logical fallacy of this argument is, perhaps, that you are still insisting on your own way; instead of just doing whatever it is that needs to be done, regardless of your desire.

copyright (c) 2017
William Schaeffer



No comments:

Post a Comment