Friday, January 12, 2018

Star Trek

I saw the first episode of Star Trek as it was broadcast in 1966. I watched every episode the first year of broadcast. The "technology" was mind expanding. Especially the "transporter" and the "communicator". Even the sideways opening - automatically opening doors were new and amazing and did not exist at that time in the world. I never thought that one day I would own a cell phone that would be technologically superior to those star trek communicators. Of course there are no cell phone towers on alien planets and we still can't get "beamed up" out of harms way... But I bet that the Russians have Photon Torpedoes.

The book "The Making of Star Trek" by Gene Roddenberry is a fascinating story of those times.


copyright (c) 2018
William Schaeffer

No comments:

Post a Comment